We provide the following classes for incarcerated individuals in the state of Oregon:
- Oregon Food Bank’s Seed to Supper Class – This is a basic 6 week vegetable gardening class developed by the Oregon Food Bank and Oregon State University
- Oregon State University Extension Service’s Sustainable Gardening Class – This is a 11 week freshman level college course. After passing the class the student receives a Certificate of Home Horticulture from OSU Extension Service.
- Lettuce Grow’s Greenhouse Management Class – This is a class on greenhouse management, designed to give the student an overview of greenhouses their uses and functionality.
Along with offering classes, our volunteers work side by side with the inmates in the correction institution’s gardens, providing hands on practical gardening instruction and friendship to incarcerated individuals.
In youth facilities, as well as teaching classes, we build garden boxes which give the youthful offenders the opportunity to have the full gardening experience, which will enhance their appreciation of gardening and the natural world.
Locations we serve:
- Columbia River Correctional–Portland
- Coffee Creek Correctional –Wilsonville
- Oregon State Correctional –Salem
- Santiam, Correctional –Salem
- Powder River Correctional – Baker City
- Snake River Correctional – Ontario
- Deer Ridge Correctional- Madras
- Two Rivers Correctional- Umatilla
- Eastern Oregon State Correctional – Pendleton
- Warner Creek Correctional – Lakeview
- Mill Creek Correctional – Salem
- South Fork forest camp – Tillamook
- Federal Correctional Facility – Sheridan
- Maclaren Youth Facility- Woodburn
- Hillcrest Youth Facility – South Salem
- Donald E Long Youth Detention – Portland